Wednesday 8 June 2011

Exhibition Ideas

At the Ikon Gallery i really liked how John Salts work was exhibited. His work was displayed in thin frames but had no glass cover on the front. This idea meant that there was no reflections on his work from lights. 

Considering my work is small strips put together I really liked how this would allow me to display them in frames but I would have no glare. It also means that the pieces will display as one clearly and I feel will give off a better effect. I will paint the box black on the inside and outside to add depth to my photos.

As I am Printing my photos A1 size i will be making my own frames from wood, as this way I can make them to the size I need.

Ive decided that the wood for my frames will be 10mm thick and 5omm deep. Ive decided to have 10mm thick because i dont want the frame to look too bulky against my photos, as im using paper so print, i think that if i have the frames too bulk it will take away the elegance that the photos are meant to have and the contrasting meaning will almost fade away. The depth is 50mm because I don't want the frame too big as i want the photos to stand out. I think that they may get lost in the box if its too big.




No comments:

Post a Comment